Have a Question?Contact Us
CAB-O-SIL® M-5 is a medium surface fumed silica which imparts significant increase in viscosity in liquid systems, free flow of powders and reinforcement of silicone and organic rubbers.
All untreated fumed silicas are characterized by:
- High purity
- Aggregated structure
- Submicron particle size
- Low bulk density
- Hydrophilic surface
Rheology Control for Coatings, Adhesive and other Liquid Systems:
CAB-O-SIL M-5 is widely used to provide thickening, thixotrophic (shear-thinning), and anti-settling behavior in liquid systems. M-5 is most efficient in non-polar to medium polarity systems. For more polar systems, treated fumed silicas are more effective. M-5 offers the best balance of thickening efficiency and dispersibility.
Free-flow of Powder Systems:
When blended into sticky and poorly flowing powder systems, M-5 reduces angle of repose and improves powder flow. During storage of powder systems, M-5 reduces caking and blocking.
Reinforcement of Silicone and Organic Rubber:
CAB-O-SIL M-5 can be used for reinforcement of silicone rubber and can be used to reinforce organic rubbers. It imparts good increase in hardness, tensile and elongation.
Customer Audit Days - Rheinfelden
American Coatings Show
Other Related Downloads
- EU-US Pharmacopoeia Residual Solvents - CAB-O-SIL® M-5P, M-5DP
- Cab-O-Sil® Polydimethyl Siloxane Polymer (PDMS) Regulatory Product Information Sheet
- Cab-O-Sil® Hexamethyldisilazane (HMDZ) Treated Fumed Silica - Regulatory Product Information Sheet
- Cab-O-Sil® Dimethyldichlorosilane (DiMeDi) Regulatory Product Information Sheet
- FDA GRAS Determination: Cabot CAB-O-SIL® and CAB-O-SPERSE® Untreated Silica Products
- CAB-O-SIL HP60 a highly efficient fumed silica for composites